The tick season is imminent: even a pinch can be seriously ill. In recent years, the incidence of viral encephalitis and meningitis has increased significantly in several countries.
Why do you have more and more ticks from year to year?Many are aware that from spring to autumn, active blood cells are better avoided, but fewer people know that infections transmitted by ticks can result in serious, life-threatening physical activity. in the parks, the playgrounds are also lively
- Due to failure of examination, adults are at increased risk
- It is not possible to know in advance what causes serious encephalitis virus infections
- The extent of tick-borne encephalitis infections and possible brain lesions is not medically controlled
- There are unique countries where the incidence of tick-borne encephalitis has risen to several times over the millennium
- In more severe cases, the illness is associated with serious illness, and one-third of patients in hospital need to leave their job easily. venous encephalitis and meningitis elхfordulбsa. Experts point out that in about one-third of cases, there is no cure for tick-borne encephalitis, which is a serious course and in many cases, with serious residual symptoms, the only effective remedy is vaccination. The earlier it is advisable to start protection against parasites, so you can develop a high degree of protection before the spring season begins. This is a problem because ticks spread a number of dangerous human beings. Two of the most well-known and most dangerous diseases transmitted by red blood parasites are virulent encephalitis and lyme disease. Lyme infection, which is untreated, has been reported nationally last year, with 1392 cases. About 10-12,000 cases of tick-borne encephalitis worldwide are reported every year, but the actual case rate is far higher than that, "he said. dr. Farkas Viktor pediatric neurologist, Semmelweis University, Hungary Pediatric Clinic The chief physician of the Department of Pediatric Neurology and EEG is holding a press conference at the Arboretum. The primary reason for this is that only one in three infections with a clear clinical manifestation, about 30% of those affected do not check for ticks and do not seek medical attention. " the number of tick-borne encephalitis cases has fallen in most European countries the incidence of the disease is strongly increasing. Magyarorszбgon йrdemben did not vбltozott the elmъlt йvekben the reported cases szбma but pйldбul Йsztorszбgban the ezredfordulуra the incidence of 1950-1975 kцzцtti idхszak rose almost szбzszorosбra, Lengyelorszбgban the nцvekedйs was tнzszeres, цtszцrцs Csehorszбgban, Nйmetorszбgban the 2000 йvek and megduplбzуdott under elsх йvtizede in my case, growth in Switzerland during the same period was nearly threefold. On the continent (not counting in Russia) 3,000 hospital admissions occurred every year due to confirmed tick encephalitis.
Serious cases come to life"In about 70% of cases, the disease is biphasic. The first phase resolves with fever, muscle aches, and depression in just a few days. The second phase, "Nervous system symptoms can gradually develop," the pediatric neurologist described the typical symptoms of the disease. 50% of cases heal without herniation, but it is not infrequent to count for persistent symptoms. In non-severe cases, persistent recurrent headaches, memory impairment, and EEG abnormalities suggestive of tetanus may remain. One-third of the patients missing from the hospital have problems with eg. changing school, giving up a job, due to reduced physical and mental abilities. Clinical studies have also confirmed that encephalitis it is more common in older age groups. The course of the disease also became more severe in this age group. The shift can be explained by higher vacancy rates among younger age groups and increased leisure time activities of older people.Dr. Farkas Viktor hozzбtette. "The ticks caused agyvelхgyulladбs цntцrvйnyы йs ijesztх betegsйg currently no cйlzott causal (antiviral) terбpiбnk gyуgyнtбsбra, any agykбrosodбs mйrtйkйt gyуgyszeresen lйnyegileg can not befolyбsolni Hozzбnk, that kуrhбzba their reach who you have already very ill Magyarorszбgon the elvйgzett. vнrusdiagnosztikai tests szбma behind the kнvбnatos mйrtйktхl the vнrus cases tцbbsйgйben you have already have perished, and the diagnуzist egyбltalбn vнrusdiagnosztikai vizsgбlatokkal kimondjuk.A diagnуzishoz szьksйg is also elemzйsйre gerincvelхi folyadйkbуl samples taken since the kцzponti nervous gyulladбsa esetйn take place elsхdlegesen the agyvнzben (CSF) "There are currently no clear explanations for the severity of the disease, possibly due to genetics and specific features of the immune system."
It's hard to escapeAccording to a WHO report published in 2011, the increased incidence of tick-borne viral encephalopathies and disease is also associated with higher levels of climatic change and increased outdoor recreation. Previously approx. only up to 800 meters above sea level, in 2008 there was already a reported increase in unpasteurised dairy products over 1500 m. New gangs have appeared in Europe and the size of older areas is also growing. global climate change besides, many people consider human activity to be the most important factor in the spread of disease. Some also refer to the "sickness of the week". After a multi-day holiday, if you had the right time off, you would see a doctor for more ticks. If, on the other hand, there are many active ticks but fewer go outdoors due to bad weather, then obviously fewer infections occur. The most dangerous period is the sunny periods following the rainy days, as in addition to the temperature, humidity is also important for the activity of the ticks. " your favorite parasite will also find a way to go for a walk in the woods, picnicking and dog-feeding. Papp Laszlo, the Botanical Botanical Garden. do not twist, apply pressure, apply any cream or oil. .The tick-encephalitis virus may remain infectious in raw goat's milk and should therefore be consumed only after appropriate pasteurisation and boiling. The infected tick also transmits the virus to its offspring and carries it for the rest of its life.
Prevention with vaccinationThe importance of preventing tick-borne encephalitis has been urged by both domestic and international health organizations, with a year of vaccination recommended by the National Center for Epidemiology. There are currently two types of vaccines in Hungary, both of which have children and adolescent versions.Dr. Pytta Gyцrgy, chairman of the Association of Home Pediatricians, drew attention: "The basic immunization three doses of vaccine sometimes the first vaccine should be added 1-3 months after the first vaccination, and then the third vaccination, 5-12 months or 9-12 months later, depending on the vaccine. For proper protection, a complete line of basic immunization should be given, but a vaccine is not sufficient on its own. " For children who received the first two doses last year, I make sure that the third dose of the vaccine line is given this time, and if it is due because 3 years have passed, they will receive the repeat vaccination. " It's really worth thinking about, since the infection must occur before the spring activity period of the ticks, ie before April. Therefore, the vaccine line should be started as early as possible so that a high level of protection can be created before the ticks are activated.Related articles:
- Everything you need to know about ticks
- Why are there more and more ticks?